Having a fat upper body skinny legs is a common problem. Many people struggle with the “big upper body, small legs” look, especially those with naturally bigger shoulders, arms, or chest but have difficulty building up their lower body muscles. Here’s why you want to build a bigger lower body and five quick tips on how to do it!
Here’s Why You Want a Bigger Lower Body
Strong legs will help you move better and prevent injuries in everyday activities such as walking, running, climbing stairs, and getting out of chairs. Having more muscle mass will also allow you to burn more calories which can be important for weight loss or maintaining your current weight. Additionally, having well-developed legs will give you a balanced and proportionate look that will make you feel more confident.
5 Quick Lower-body Muscle-Building Tips
1) Do More Than Squats: While squats are essential for building leg muscles, there is more than one exercise that can help develop your lower body. Lunges, step-ups, deadlifts, split squats, and box jumps are all great exercises to incorporate into your routine.
2) Add Calf Exercises: The calves often need extra attention when building their legs because they are not used as much daily. Make sure to add calf exercises such as seated calf raises or standing calf raises into your routine.
3) Lift Heavy: To stimulate muscle growth in the legs, you will need to lift heavy. While light weights and high repetitions can be beneficial for toning, you should focus on lifting heavier weights with fewer reps if you want to build muscle mass.
4) Extend Your Leg Workouts: Make sure to extend your leg workouts beyond just the squatting exercises. Include other exercises such as calf raises, Lunges, and step-ups that target different muscles in the lower body.
5) Allow For Recovery Time: For your muscles to grow, they require adequate time to recover between workouts. Make sure you allow your body enough time to rest after each workout before hitting the gym again.
Why Your Legs are Skinny
In some cases, people have small or skinny legs simply because of genetics. Other factors leading to small legs include lack of exercise and inadequate nutrition.
The Role of Diet
It’s essential to have a healthy balanced diet to build muscle mass in the lower body. Make sure you are eating enough protein and plenty of fruits, vegetables, and other micronutrients to fuel your workouts and support muscle growth in the lower body.
How Do You Build a Bigger Lower Body
To build a bigger lower body, it’s essential to focus on strength training exercises that target the muscles in your legs, such as squats, lunges, and deadlifts. Additionally, extend your leg workouts beyond the squatting exercises and add calf raises, step-ups, and other exercises to target different muscles. Make sure to lift heavy weights with fewer reps to stimulate muscle growth. Finally, allow your body enough time to recover in between workouts so that you can get the most out of them.
Fat Upper Body Skinny Legs FAQs
Q: Why do I have small legs and a big upper body?
A: In some cases, people naturally have bigger upper bodies than lower bodies due to genetics. Other factors like lack of exercise or inadequate nutrition may also contribute to having tiny legs.
Q: How do I fix the small leg bigger upper body problem?
A: Focus on strength training exercises that target the muscles in your legs, such as squats, lunges, and deadlifts. Additionally, extend your leg workouts beyond the squatting exercises and add calf raises, step-ups, and other exercises to target different muscles. Make sure to lift heavy weights with fewer reps to stimulate muscle growth. Finally, allow your body enough time to recover in between workouts so that you can get the most out of them.
By following these tips, you should be able to build a bigger lower body, even if you have big upper body skinny legs or small legs big upper body issues. With a balanced diet, regular exercise, and adequate recovery time, you will be on your way to achieving your desired physique!