Connor Coyle [17(7)-0] will look to cash in quite literally when he fights next.
The Derry middleweight wasn’t underselling it when he told Irish-boxing.com that he had a big UK fight in the pipeline last week.
Matchroom have just confirmed that ‘The Kid’ will trade leather on the undercard of the huge Eubank Jr vs Conor Benn undercard.
Coyle will fight Felix Cash [15(10)-0] on the ‘Born Rivals’ card at the O2 in London on Saturday, 8 October. On the line in the Ireland v England battle with be the WBA Intercontinental middleweight title.
Coyle was in the ring as recent as Saturday gone, defeating Silverio Ortiz at the Alessi Gym in Tampa, FL.
Speaking into the build-up of that fight the 32-year-old is hinted something BIG would be confirmed soon – and that has proved to be the case.
The recent NABA title winner takes on Cash in the kind of fight he has been calling for. Cash, who Jay Byrne took the distance in 2017, is an undefeated former British and Commonwealth champion who has names like Jack Cullen, Jason Welborn and Denzel Bentley on his record. He certainly represents the best Coyle has faced but again it’s exactly the kind of opportunity the Florida trained Derry middle has called for.
The Full undercard is as follows:
· Olympic gold medal star Galal Yafai will defend his WBC International Flyweight title against Gohan Rodriguez Garcia.
· It’s a family affair for Harlem Eubank, who fights on the undercard of his older cousin Chris Jr and meets Spaniard David Martin over six rounds.
· Ellie Scotney hunts for another title as she challenges Mary Romero for the European Super-Bantamweight title.
· Light-Heavyweight star Lyndon Arthur is back out in quick succession following his return to action in September.
· World rated Middleweight Felix Cash continues his hunt for World title honours as he meets the unbeaten Connor Coyle for the WBA Intercontinental title.
· Big hitting Heavyweight Matty Harris is on the hunt for a third first round KO win in a row and will take on Chris Healey over six.
· Shannon Courtenay makes a welcome return to the ring against Gemma Ruegg.
· Former Team GB talent Chloe Watson completes the line-up, with the Flyweight talent taking on former World champion Nancy Franco in a six rounder.