Michael Conlan [14(8)-0] is looking forward to ‘shutting up’ the ‘dangerous’ Isaac Dogboe 21(15)-2(1)].
The Belfast fighter takes a sizable step up in opposition when he fights the former WBO super bantamweight world champion at the Royal Albert Hall in London on December 5.
The fight has yet to be officially announced or confirmed by Top Rank, but both fighters have revealed a deal has been reached and ESPN, who will most likely broadcast the card stateside, have confirmed the intriguing match up is a go for the last month of the year.
Dogboe, who has previously called out Carl Frampton and even Conor McGregor, had leaked news regarding the fight last month and tweeted Irish-boxing.com on Thursday to confirm it was made.
The Ghanaian also said he took the fight as it was the quickest route back to a world title.
Conlan, who it’s said will fight for the WBO world title on his annual St Patrick’s Day New York outing if he emerges victorious, expects the 26-year-old to get more vocal over the coming weeks.
As a result he is already looking forward to the chance to ‘shutting him up’.
Speaking to ESPN Conlan said: “Isaac likes to talk, and I’m looking forward to shutting him up!”
Dogboe is by far the most experienced fighter Conlan has faced. The Florida based fighter defeated Jessie Magdaleno to become a world champ in April of 2018, defended successfully against Hidenori Otake before losing it to now two weight world champ Emanuel Navarrete.
‘Royal Storm’, who like Conlan was a 2012 Olympian, has 15 knockouts from 21 fights and stopped former Carl Frampton for Chris Avalos last time out, after taking a break from the sport.
Conlan admits he faces dangerous opposition, but claims he didn’t hesitate when the fight was offered.
“I’m really excited for this fight — [he’s a] former world champion and dangerous guy,” Conlan (14-0, 8 KOs) told ESPN. “As soon as it was mentioned, I said, ‘Yes get it done.’