Team Selby had claimed they were ready to fill in for a reluctant Leo Santa Cruz and provide opposition for ‘Frampton’s homecoming at the end of this month.
However, with the IBF ordering that he had to fight Argentine mandatory challenger Jonathan Victor Barros, Team Frampton would withdraw from negotiations and now face Mexican Andres Gutierrez in a WBC eliminator next weekend.
Selby, just days after the death of his mother, successfully defended against Barros last weekend in London, scoring a twelve round points win.
Frampton was present for the fight in the Wembley Arena, and Selby is keen to defend against ‘The Jackal,’ with the fighter whose career has stalled somewhat in recent years stating that ready for a big name clash.
Top of his list seems to be the Belfast man and a November clash somewhere in the UK could be on the cards, with Frampton previously suggesting Manchester or London.
“Now, I need to get a high profile fight and I want to be involved with the likes of Carl Frampton, Leo Santa Cruz, Abner Mares and Gary Russell Jr,” he told Sky Sports.
“Frampton was there watching me on Saturday night and he says that he wants to face me so I can’t see why that fight can’t be made if he comes through his next outing at the end of the month.
“Frampton probably fancies it after that [Barros victory],” added Selby. “It’s a fight I would absolutely love.”
“November time would be perfect for me to return to the ring. I really want to kick on now and make up for lost time.”