Cyclone Promotions is delighted to be working with other promoters in Belfast to ensure traffic management plans are in place this weekend. Cyclone Promotions’ CEO Barry McGuigan explains:
“The event organisers for the Titanic Showdown have worked with the relevant authorities to plan and deliver a comprehensive traffic management plan which takes into consideration the Belfast Tattoo event taking place in the Odyssey Arena. While major events involving thousands of people will inevitably increase traffic levels, systems are in place to ensure these are managed appropriately.
“On September 6, The Slipways at Titanic Belfast and Titanic Quarter will host the world championship boxing clash between Belfast’s Carl Frampton and Spain’s Kiko Martinez. We would encourage all visitors to allow sufficient time for their journey, whether travelling by car, bus or train. To ensure a pleasant journey, please check traffic and travel websites such as www.bbc.co.uk/travel/northernireland and www.translink.co.uk before departure. ”
Titanic Belfast Opening Hours
· The Titanic Belfast visitor attraction will open at 9am to visitors and the last tour entry on Sept 6 will be 2:20pm. Titanic Belfast building will close at 16:00hrs. After this closing time, the building will be open only to clients attending private events.
· The arena hosting the Titanic Showdown event is located between the Titanic Studios and Titanic Belfast visitor attraction.
· The arena will be opened from 1700hrs with the first bout commencing at approximately 1730hrs.
· Toilets and hospitality facilities will be located within the grounds of the arena.
· No alcohol, other than that purchased from the event bars, can be consumed onsite. Please note alcohol cannot be consumed outside of the designated bar areas.
· It is anticipated that the main contest between Frampton and Martinez will take place at around 2230hrs.
· Patrons visiting the event are asked to note that there are a number of other events taking place in Titanic Quarter and at the nearby Odyssey Arena on September 6; and to take note of Car Parking facilities on this date.
Events and Parking information for September 6 in Titanic Quarter:
· The Odyssey Arena is hosting The Belfast Tattoo from 1730–2300. Parking for customers attending the Tattoo will be in The Odyssey Car Park and coaches will be facilitated in the coach car park on Queens Quay. Traffic leaving the Odyssey should leave the estate via Queens Quay/Middlepath Street.
· World Championship Boxing, Titanic Slipways, Titanic Quarter: The event is organised and promoted by Cyclone Promotions. Access to the stadium will be via Queens Road.
· Taxis: Taxi drop-off and pick-up is located at the rear of Belfast Met, Titanic Campus. Taxis must enter via the rear (car park entrance) of the college and park facing the exit from the front of the college to allow a left turn onto Queens Road.
· Parking for Titanic Showdown, World Championship Boxing: Titanic Belfast underground Pay-and-Display Car Park – Space available 500 vehicles.
· Belfast Met College Pay-and-Display Car Park – Space available 324 vehicles.
· Surface/ground Pay-and-Display Car Park Car Parks located beside Belfast Met College and facing former Harland & Wolff Offices (now Titanic House) Space available 318 vehicles
· T13/Coach Park area – Space available 150
· Car park availability signage will be operational on approach roads to Titanic Quarter & locally within Queens Road
· Normal scheduled services with Translink, NI Railways and Airport Express 300 will be operating.
· Patrons are asked to note that vehicles may be subject to search.
· Egress from the carparks may be delayed following the Titanic Showdown to allow for pedestrians to depart; car park users should take note of this and follow the instructions of stewards and Police.
· Weather: Forecast is for dry weather. However, all patrons are reminded that this is an outdoor arena and cold weather clothing is recommended. Umbrellas will not be permitted into the stadium.
· Hospitality: Food and beverage facilities will be available in the location of the Titanic Showdown boxing event on the Titanic Slipways.
For further information, please log onto: http://www.titanicbelfast.com/The-Experience/Upcoming-Events/Titanic-Showdown—World-Championship-Boxing.aspx