The boxing rumour mill is churning out Andy Lee versus Billy Joe Saunders cancellation talk.
Frank Warren has revealed he will make an announcement re the WW3 card, which is set to play out in Manchester on October 10 late today.
And the Internet is rife with talk that Lee versus Saunders will be cancelled and Derry Matthews will be added to the bill.
A formal announcement regarding a change to the WW3 event in Manchester will be made later today by Frank Warren.
— Frank Warren (@frankwarren_tv) September 1, 2015
The has been no conformation the WBO middleweight title clash has been cancelled, but there is talk that challenger Saunders has pulled out.
Lee has been in training and reports from his camp have been positive as of and up to yesterday.
If the bout does fall through it will be another blow for Irish fight fans, who had to deal with seeing the clash moving from Limerick to Manchester last month.
It has to be said the sources that leaked news of the change from Thomond Park to Manchester Arena haven’t confirmed the above news, but Irish-boxing.com have been told Saunders has pulled out of the October 10 clash.
With Saunders being mandatory for the title it seems likely the clash will be rescheduled again rather than cancelled all together.