Frampton and Quigg on the double-Eddie Hearn’s interesting proposal
IT just won’t go away. A possible Carl Frampton Scott Quigg clash is on everyone’s lips, even the casual fan has an opinion on the Irish versus English bout.
With so much interest both parties will certainly try and re-open negotiations, which publicly broke down earlier this year, in a bid to agree terms and get it made.
Eddie Hearn,Quigg promoter is certainly keen and will most likely table an offer, although possibly not live on Sky Sports News, in the coming weeks.
Indeed, the Matchroom boss believes he might have a template to tempt Cyclone Promotions and Frampton to agree to the fight.
Hearn claims a two fight deal might ‘smooth negotiations’ and is open to a Frampton-Quigg double header a first fight in Manchester this November and a second in Belfast in the Spring.
That idea when mooted previously was shot down by team Frampton. They stressed the wanted to get the win and then head Stateside. There were also that confident ‘The Jackal’ would do a number on the Bury man and as a result no one would want a rematch.
However, after Quiggs performance over Kiko MartĂnez on July 18, Hearn thinks a two fight deal is plausible.
âIâm happy to commit to a two-fight deal â one in November in Manchester, and one in Belfast in the spring or summer. Thatâs not a problem,â Hearn said to Sky Sports.
âA double-header could smooth negotiations. Thatâs always been discussed. We can agree the split in advance.
âIf itâs a good fight a rematch will happen anyway. Both guys think they will win the fight and move on. But theyâll probably find that, if the first fight is entertaining â which everybody knows it will be â then the biggest money in the division remains a rematch.â
After Quigg’s win over former Frampton foe and World champion Kiko Martinez his camp and indeed himself suggested he was in the driving seat when it came to negotiations, but Hearn has stressed the original 60-40 to the winner offer still stands and he won’t be returning with a reduced terms.
âThat offer is still on the table, there was no time-frame. Some people have told me to reduce the offer after Quiggâs recent performance! But we donât need to, it was fair before and itâs even fairer now.”
âScott is in a much better position than he previously was following his destruction of Martinez so itâs very difficult for me to revise my offer.â
âItâs going to take someone to swallow their pride for this (Frampton) fight to happen. But after last weekend, itâs difficult for that to be Quigg,â said Hearn.
âFor us, fighting Frampton remains our favourite option – but weâre in deep negotiations with Nonito Donaire about a fight in either Dubai or Manchester later this year.â


