Michael Conlan [14(8)-0] tonight shared the exact moment he suffered the ankle injury that has ruled him out of a proposed fight on December 5.
The Belfast super bantamweight looked odds on to fight former world champion Isaac Dogboe on the same card Tyson Fury is set to appear pre Christmas.
However, an ankle injury has ruled him out of that proposed bout and for the remainder of the year.
Late last week the Olympic medal winner confirmed he suffered serious ankle ligament injury that will rule him out of action for 8-12 weeks.
The younger brother of former world title challenger Jaime Conlan showed the exact moment the injury happened on social media tonight.
The moment I busted my ankle 🤢😢 pic.twitter.com/I9yo0DA8Oc— Michael Conlan (@mickconlan11) November 4, 2020
The 28-year-old said he was “devastated” after rupturing his ATFL (anterior talofibular ligament) during a training session last Wednesday.
Speaking last week he said: “Absolutely devastated to announce I will no longer be fighting December 5th due to rupturing my ATFL during a training session on Wednesday, back home now recovering. Doc said I’ll be out for 8-12 weeks but I’ll be back sooner, just watch!”
The December 5 clash, as well as being a potentially entertaining match up, was said to effectively act as a world title eliminator.
Victory over the Ghanaian was meant to set the Top Rank fighter up for the winner of Angelo Leo and Steven Fulton’s mandated WBO super bantamweight world title fight.
As #1 contender the Adam Booth trained fighter remains next in line and will be eyeing up a St Patrick’s Day tilt.
It remains to be seen if he will reschedule the Dogboe fight before hand.