Hogan gets new date for WBA Interim World title tilt
Dennis Hogan’s WBA interim World light middleweight title challenge has been rescheduled for December 5.
The Kildare native was initially scheduled to fight Jack Culcay on September 26 in Berlin as part of Team Sauerland’s ‘Next Generation event at the Max Schmeling Halle, but was cancelled due to injuries to ‘Golden Jack’.
The clash will now take place on December 5 at the Inselparkhalle in Hamburg, the champions adopted home town.
‘’It’s great to be back boxing in Hamburg,’’ said Culcay, who recently moved to Berlin to train with legendary German coach Ulli Wegner. ‘’It’s where I started my pro career, and until earlier this year, it’s where I lived and trained. Hamburg feels like my hometown and it’s great to finally get the chance to fight at the Inselparkhalle.’’
On December 5, Culcay will be defending the interim WBA strap he claimed with a unanimous points decision over Maurice Weber in May 2015, and ahead of his first defence, the 30 year-old is confident of clinching another victory as he moves ever closer to a World title challenge.
‘’I should have fought Hogan in September so I’ve had a long time to prepare for this fight and I know what to expect,’’ said Culcay. ‘’Although Hogan will probably be the toughest test of my career so far, I have no doubt I can beat him!’’