JOHN JOE Nevin is set to make his eagerly awaited comeback in September.
The Olympic silver medal winner, who turned pro earlier this year and debuted on St Patrick’s Day in Boston has been out of the ring after a horror attack which left him with two broken legs.
His first competitive match since he underwent major surgery in April this year will take place in America in September.
The Mullingar native told the Irish Independent he is determined to prove he still has what it takes.
The London 2012 silver medallist told how he is “really looking forward” to the fight in the coming weeks.
“I can’t wait to get in the ring and show people I’m back, as good as ever. And, I believe I will be world champion still,” he said last night.
Nevin also confirmed his return on Twitter.
— John Joe Nevin (@johnJoeNevin) July 28, 2014