As you may be aware, Irish-Boxing.com will be undergoing an expansion from tomorrow (Monday June 6th) onwards.
We would like to stress to our brilliant readers that we are expanding rather than changing, and we will continue to post all our usual news, previews, interviews, and fight reports. However, the coming weeks and months will see more coverage, more features, and more fighters.
To give you a taste of what to come, here are just some of our plans for the site.
– On This Day: Over the past few weeks we have been busy researching Irish boxing history and are excited to share a new daily ‘On This Day’ feature. We have collated every Irish, Northern Irish, Celtic, Commonwealth, British, European, and World title fight, as well as every international medal involving Irish fighters, and we will post a look back at the Irish boxing history of a given day every morning.
– The 13th Round: On Mondays we will have our final say on the weekend’s action. An honest post-mortem of the weekend’s main Irish fighter/card. What was good, what was bad, what we have learnt, and what the future will hold.
– Regular feature lists: Every Tuesday and Thurday we will have all manner of features, lists, and Top 10s, both light-hearted and serious.
– Low-Blows: Every Wednesday, one Irish boxer will be in the ‘Low-Blows’ hotseat. Here they will be given the opportunity to take aim at their fellow fighters and gym-mates. No punches will be pulled here. First up is Spike O’Sullivan, and as you might have guessed, the Cork bruiser had very little to say.
– Mailbox: Wednesdays will also see the reintroduction of our weekly mailbox to allow readers to have their say. It has been said that boxing fans are the most opinionated sports fans and we feel that the mailbox will further prove it. Whether it be the previous weekend’s fights, upcoming bouts, or just something you want to get off your chest, the mailbox will give you the platform to have your views seen by thousands.
– Opponent-Watch: On Thursdays we will run the rule over the opponents of all Irish fighters that weekend. Their history, their style, and the challenge they present. In addition, we will also increase our coverage of the rivals and potential future opponents of Irish fighters.
– Bookie Batterer: Every Friday we will look to win a few quid with our new Bookie Batterer feature. The weekend’s action will be considered and we’ll post our accumulator as well as some cheeky punts.
– Wild Geese: We will be introducing a new section to the site for all Irish boxers born and raised overseas. From Boston to Birmingham, any boxer proud of their Irish heritage will have a home on this site.
– And everything else you have come to expect from the site such as breaking news, interviews, videos, betting odds, weekly and monthly previews and reviews, fight reports within minutes of the final bell, and all the craic that comes with Irish boxers.
Above is just some of our plans and we are always open to suggestions.
We’d like to thank all our readers for their continued support, as well as Irish fighters, managers, and promoters for the unrivalled access they provide.
Help us become the best boxing site on the internet.